Online registration for the June 13, 2020, Parrot Play Day Adoption Fair is closed.
If you would like to attend this event, we will be accepting walk-ins after 12:30 p.m. All walk-ins will be required to complete a registration form before being added to the waiting list. Walk-ins will be handled in the order of arrival and fit into the first available vacant time slot, so please be prepared to wait. We will do our best to accommodate everyone as quickly as possible. Scheduled appointments will take priority.
There's plenty to do while you wait to adopt your new feathered friend!
Feathered Friends Forever Parrot Rescue & Sanctuary will be open to visitors during this event. Admission is by donation of $10 per person (children 6 and under free) and can be paid inside the Welcome Center. This gives you access to our outdoor aviaries, augmented reality educational center, Mr. T’s (our 80 pound Sulcata Tortoise) habitat, our climate controlled Honey Bee House, and our Bio Pond.
Outside the Box will have jars of honey for sale for this event as well as Beeswax candles that are 100% parrot safe!
Lucky & Leo’s Cantina will be serving ice cold drinks, popcorn and a lunch combo (hotdog, chips and drink).
In accordance with CDC guidelines, we will be practicing social distancing during this event. If you or anyone in your household has been sick or exposed to anyone who has been sick, please stay home. We cannot risk the health of our volunteer staff, so if at any time one of our handlers feels uncomfortable, you will be asked to leave.
Below is a list of helpful information for this event. Please be sure read all of the information in its entirety to ensure your successful adoption.
1) The Landing Zone will be our adoption area for this event. A table will be set up outside the building where you will check in with Danielle, who will be in charge of this event.
2) No one will be allowed inside The Landing Zone unless escorted by one of our handlers. This is for your safety as well as the birds. Only two (2) people at a time will be allowed inside our adoption area with the handler, NO EXCEPTIONS.
3) You must bring proper transportation (travel cage or carrier) with you to this event in order to adopt. A cardboard box is NOT proper transportation. Anyone who arrives without proper transportation will be unable to adopt!
4) This is mainly a small bird adoption event, which means the majority of birds that will be available for adoption are Parakeets and Cockatiels. However, we will have a few small, medium and large parrots available to adopt. We will not have a specific list of adoptable parrots until the day of the adoption fair.
5) Once you have chosen your new feathered friend(s), you will be escorted out of The Landing Zone to complete your adoption paperwork and pay adoption fees. Please be sure to bring your driver’s license or state ID with you, as this is required for our outgoing record forms.
6) Adoption fees will be as follows:
Cockatiels: $50 - $150 (depending on mutation)
Small Parrots (Indian Ringneck, Conure, etc…): $125 - $225
Medium Parrots (African Grey, Amazon, etc…): $450 - $550
Large Parrots: $750 - $1600
7) Adoption fees and donations can be paid by cash or credit card. A surcharge of 2.9% + $0.30 will be added to all credit card transactions.
8) As a reminder, it is required that your bird’s wings be trimmed at the time of your adoption for safety reasons. Since this is a fundraising event, I am asking that each of you make a minimum $5.00 donation per bird to the rescue for this added service. Additional donations will be accepted and are greatly appreciated since the rescue receives no state or federal funding.
9) If you are interested in purchasing food for your new feathered friend, we will have a variety of Birds on the Brink food for sale at this event.
10) Last but not least, there will be several handouts prepared for you with some useful information about caring for your new feathered friend, including a list of Avian Certified Vets in the area. These will be included in your adoption package along with a Certificate of Adoption.
If you have questions regarding this event, please email email@example.com. DO NOT CONTACT THE RESCUE DIRECTLY!
Copyright 2020. Author Kira Johns.
All Rights Reserved.