Twice yearly, I organize the Parrot Play Day Adoption Fair at Feathered Friends Forever Parrot Rescue & Sanctuary. This event serves two purposes - to find forever homes for some of the rescue's feathered friends and to raise funds for the sanctuary birds that reside at the facility.
My next Parrot Play Day Adoption Fair is scheduled for Saturday, June 13, 2020. from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Feathered Friends Forever Rescue/Sanctuary, 612 Byrd Drive, Harlem, GA 30814.
Before completing the registration form below, please read over the following rules & guidelines:
1) Online registration for this event will close on Monday, June 8, 2020.
2) This event will take place at Feathered Friends Forever, 612 Byrd Drive, Harlem, GA 30814 on the date and times specified.
3) Any questions concerning this event should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org only. DO NOT CONTACT THE RESCUE DIRECTLY.
4) A valid email address is required when registering for this event. This is how we will contact you with information about the event and/or if any questions or issues arise. If we email you and you do not reply, your name will be removed from the list of registrants for this event.
5) This is mainly a small bird adoption event. This means that the majority of birds that will be available for adoption will be Parakeets (Budgies), Lovebirds, Cockatiels, and a few small parrots (ie: Indian Ringnecks, Conures). In addition, there will be a few medium and large parrots available for adoption for those experienced with handling larger parrots. Additional paperwork may be required if adopting a large parrot.
6) There WILL NOT be a listing of specific types of birds available for adoption. Please do not email or call the rescue asking about specific types of birds that will be adoptable.
7) The application fee for this event has been waived. Adoption fees will be as follows:
Parakeets (Budgies): $10
Cockatiels (all mutations other than albino): $50
Albino Cockatiels: $75
Small Parrots (Indian Ringnecks, Conures, etc.): $100 and up
Medium Parrots (African Greys, Amazons, etc.): $450 and up
Large Parrots (Cockatoos, Macaws): $800 and up
The handlers at this event will have adoption fee pricing with them for all adoptable birds.
8) Anyone wishing to adopt a bird during this event MUST come with proper transportation (ie. carrier or travel cage) for their future feathered friend. A cardboard box is NOT proper transportation! If you do not have proper transportation with you, you WILL NOT be allowed to adopt a bird!
9) For the safety of the birds as well as our handlers, adoptions will be handled one at a time. PLEASE NOTE: Not every bird in The Landing Zone is adoptable. It is also home to many of our boarded birds, permanent residents and educational outreach parrots.
10) Adoptions will be handled by appointment and on a walk-in basis. Appointments will be scheduled at 15 minute intervals at an available time of the adopters choosing. However, some adoptions may take longer than others, so please be patient. If you choose not to schedule an adoption time, you will be considered a walk-in and handled as such.
11) WALK-INS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL AFTER 12:30 P.M. - NO EXCEPTIONS! All walk-ins will be handled in the order of arrival and fit into the first available time slot. If you choose to be a walk-in, be prepared to wait! If you did not complete an online registration, printed forms will be available at The Landing Zone on the day of the event and must be completed before you will added to the waiting list. Even if you have an application on file with the rescue, you will need to complete a registration form for this event.
12) It is recommended that all appointments arrive at the rescue and check in at The Landing Zone prior to your scheduled appointment. If you are not present at your scheduled appointment time, your slot may be given to someone else.
13) It is the adopter's responsibility to have a properly sized cage at home for their future feathered friend. If you are unsure about cage size, please do your research online at a reputable site or email email@example.com.
14) Payment of adoption fees must be paid at the time of the adoption. Cash and Credit Card will be accepted. However, since this is a fundraising event, if you will be using a credit card, a 2.9% + $0.30 fee will be added to the transaction to cover processing fees.
15) For adoptions outside of this event, please visit FFF's website for more information and to download an adoption application.
Due to public health concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and in an effort to protect the community as well as the volunteer staff at Feathered Friends Forever, we ask that you practice social distancing during our event.
Copyright 2020. Author Kira Johns.
All Rights Reserved.