Online registration for the April 17, 2021, Parrot Play Day Adoption Fair is now closed.
Walk-ins will still be accepted the day of the event starting at Noon. Registration Forms will be available at The Landing Zone for you to complete upon arrival. Although the hours for this event are listed as 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., we will continue adopting until all attendees have a chance to adopt a feathered friend. Adoptions will be handled in the following order: appointments, pre-registered attendees, then walk-ins.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THIS PAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE ATTENDING
GUIDELINES & RULES FOR EVENT
1) The Landing Zone will be our adoption area for this event. A table will be set up outside the building where you will sign in with Danielle, who will be in charge of this event.
2) Appointment adoptions will be handled in 15 minute intervals throughout the day, starting at 11 a.m. If you have an appointment scheduled, please arrive a few minutes before your scheduled time to ensure your time slot is not given to someone else. To be fair to all potential adopters, appointments are limited to one time slot per household.
3) Pre-Registered Attendees will be accepted starting at Noon and handled in the order of arrival (must be signed in) and fit into the first available time slot.
4) Walk-Ins who have not pre-registered for this event must complete a registration form in person before being added to the waiting list to adopt. Please note that appointments and those that pre-registered for this event will take priority.
5) All persons wanting to adopt must be signed in prior to 4:00 p.m.
6) Some adoptions will take longer than others, so please be patient and considerate of others.
7) Please remember that this event is run by the rescue's volunteer staff. They are extremely knowledgeable and respected members of our team. Rude or inconsiderate behavior of any type WILL NOT be tolerated.
8) No one will be allowed inside The Landing Zone unless escorted by one of our handlers. This is for your safety as well as the birds. We will be limiting the number of people allowed inside our adoption area with the handler, so please keep this in mind when attending this event. If you will be bringing children with you to this event, it is your responsibility to make sure they keep their hands to themselves. We are not responsible for injuries that may occur by sticking fingers into cages or by antagonizing any of the birds in The Landing Zone.
9) You must bring proper transportation (travel cage or carrier) with you to this event in order to adopt. A cardboard box is NOT proper transportation. Anyone who arrives without proper transportation will be unable to adopt!
10) This is mainly a small bird adoption event, which means the majority of birds that will be available for adoption are Parakeets, Lovebirds and Cockatiels. However, we will have several small, medium and large parrots available for adoption.
11) We will be limiting the number of small, medium and large parrots that can be adopted by an individual or household. There will not be a limit on Parakeets, Lovebirds or Cockatiels.
12) Please remember, this is not a store! While this event falls outside the normal adoption procedures of the rescue, our number one priority is to find a safe and loving forever home for these birds. Our handlers are trained to access your ability to provide such a home and analyze your experience level. If they are not comfortable that you will provide a loving, forever home, you will not be allowed to adopt.
13) We WILL NOT have a specific list of adoptable parrots until the day of the adoption fair, so please do not ask.
14) Please bring your carrier or travel cage with you to The Landing Zone prior to your adoption. Since we will be on time constraints, this will save a lot of time.
15) Once you have chosen your new feathered friend(s), you will be escorted out of The Landing Zone to complete your adoption paperwork and pay adoption fees. Please be sure to bring your driver’s license or state ID with you, as this is required for our outgoing record forms.
16) Adoption fees will be as follows and will be updated closer to the event:
Parakeets: $10 or 2 for $15
Lovebirds: $50 or 2 for $75
Small Parrots: $250 and up
Medium Parrots: $550 and up
Large Parrots: $650 and up
17) Adoption fees can be paid by cash or credit card. Since this is a fundraising event, a surcharge of 2.9% + $0.30 will be added to all credit card transactions.
18) Additional donations will be accepted and are greatly appreciated since the rescue receives no state or federal funding.
19) We will be having several Parakeet and Lovebird Specials for this event, as well as a few small cages available for purchase, suited for these small feathered friends! Unfortunately, we do not have any larger cages available for purchase. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have an appropriate sized cage at home BEFORE adopting from this event.
20) We will have a variety of other items for sale at this event, including parrot food, treats and toys, all at a discounted rate. If you are interested, please speak to Danielle at the event and she will assist you!
21) Failure to comply with any rules or guidelines for this event will result in your registration being rejected. You will be notified by email of this rejection and the reason for it.
22) Last but not least, if you have questions regarding this event or need more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT CONTACT THE RESCUE DIRECTLY!
Copyright 2020. Author Kira Johns.
All Rights Reserved.