CONTRIBUTORS TO THE AUTHORS FOR THE BIRDS AUCTION EVENTS
Here are some little-known facts you may not know about FFF:
- Feathered Friends Forever is the largest nonprofit tropical parrot rescue in the United States, the second largest in the world.
- FFF receives no state or federal funding, surviving solely on the generosity of others.
- The entire staff and Board of Directors at FFF work on a strict volunteer basis, except for the CEO who receives a whopping $1.00 a year, which he reinvests into the rescue. Talk about dedication!
- Of the over 1,450 parrots residing at FFF, over 800 are listed on the endangered species list.
- The parrots at the rescue consume over 2,000 pounds of food each month at a cost of over $23,000.00 a year.
- The oldest parrot at Feathered Friends Forever is Merlin, a blue-fronted Amazon who is a little over 80 years old, while the youngest, Lucky (Harlequin Macaw) is a little over nine months old.
- There are over 100 species of parrots currently residing at FFF, the smallest being 2 inches long ( finch) and the largest weighing in at 3 pounds (macaw).
- At FFF, you don't pick the bird, the bird picks you! It may sound crazy, but seeing is believing! That's why they have a 99% adoption success rate.
As often as possible, I will continue hosting auction events to raise money for specific projects at the rescue. For 2018 and 2019, my focus will be on the Rainbow Bridge Project, a memorial garden for our feathered friends who have passed. If you are interested in assisting with any current or future projects, you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or make a donation directly via Paypal to email@example.com.
In 2016, I hosted two Authors for the Birds Auction Events on Facebook to benefit Feathered Friends Forever. The proceeds from both auctions were used to help fund the Special Needs Pavilion. With the help of some amazing authors, cover models, swag designers, promotional companies, artists, etc... and a lot of generous bidders, we raised over $9,000.00 for this project which was officially unveiled in 2017.
Each year, I plan to host additional auction events to raise money for specific projects at FFF. If you are interested in assisting with current or future projects, you can make a donation via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like to help in other ways, you can email me directly at email@example.com.
Copyright 2018. Author Kira Johns. All Rights Reserved.